Friday, May 8, 2009

Our day at the pond

Well, the other day we decided to take a trip to the pond to see how deep it was after the non-stop downpour of rain we've been having for what seems like months. And we were shocked to see how much it had changed. Eagerly, Jace and I decided we were going for a swim, soon joined by Jammer and Olivian (for about two seconds :D). Here's a "before" picture of the pond:
After! Amazing, isn't it?
Headed to our doom....
Jace found this turtle near the pond. Actually, we've found several turtles recently. I guess they're starting to come out. They're really cute.
And remember when I wrote about the snake we found? Here's a picture of it...(yes it is deceased :P). Kane was just itching to have himself a little snack. Hehe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there is more non-stop rain ahead...for the next 4 days!!! We will start building an ark tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen the movie "Come What May"?

Collin M. said...

I have! It was Good :-) Wow Evann, Looks like you guy's had a great time! That was a really BIG snake!

Megan said...

How amazing! Wow it has changed! But, m'dear...I wouldn't have taken a swim, because I would have been afraid of more snakes...you're brave. :)
Miss Casey, I have "Come What May" and love it...very, very good movie!

Jolie said...

niiiice. ;)i like. =D

l+c Living for Christ said...

LEAH : wow that snake would scare me so badly and to see jace attack it would be even more horrifying!!!! but i am jeleous of your pond!! looks like a blast!:)

l+c Living for Christ said...

i am completely jeleous of you!!!!!!!!! it looks like your having a ton of fun!!!!!!!!! and that snake is terrible, i am deathly affraid of snakes!! i want a lake in my back yard! o and your dog is very pretty! i have two dogs mandy and pipen!! pipens mine mandy is my sisters!!!!