Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our Adventures... :D

Well, guess what happened to me yesterday? So we're walking back from the pond (haha, yeah, we were swimming :D), with the boys in front with our dog Kane. Suddenly, Jace shouts, "Kane!! No!! Snake!!" Kane decided to "get into it" with the biggest snake I've seen in person (it was like two or three feet long!). I was terrified, thinking it was a rattler and Kane was going to get bit. So I start screaming hysterically for Kane to get away and let go of the snake (yeah, by now he had the creature in its mouth, jerking it back and forth). For about thirty seconds, this continues. I yell at the three little ones to go back to the RV and Jace grabs a hatchet. Finally, Kane flings the snake towards Jace and he begins to...um...destroy it with the axe. After the snake is decapitated, we're able to stop shaking. We ended up dragging the snake (uh, Jace picked the thing up, not me) home in a bin, with Kane trotting happily alongside us, proud of his prize. But we're still not sure what kind it was...thankfully, it wasn't a rattler. Maybe a bullsnake? Lol! Just thought you might want that little piece of our adventures! :D But hey, I'd rather take a snake than a spider. UGH!!!

6 comments:

Jolie said...

hahaha.. that story totally cracketh me up. ;) but i refuse to admit...as you so sweetly accused me of, putting that dreadful snake into your path.

Jillian said...

Ugh, that's so gross!
Kind of reminds me of my last post.
I was just looking at random blogs and found yours.
I am a christian too.

Is your brother's name Jace?
That's cool, cos some of my friends (only like, 5 or 10 of them) call me Jayce, bc my initials are JC (Jillian Christine, actually, looking at the above comment, I was almost Jolie Christine!) and it just got moddified to Jayce.

Well, nice to meet you!
Hope you had fun at the pond!

_JCJ

Evann said...

Jolie: Youeth are a cowardeth. Why don't thou admit thou folly? :D

Jillian: Hi! It's nice to meet you. Welcome to my blog!! Cool nicname! :)

Jillian said...

Thanks!

Grace T. said...

wow, lol...sounds like a blast!!! ;)

Amber said...

HAHAHA! That's really gross! I'm glad ya'll are all right! And I'm glad Cane is all right too:) From: Amber.