Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beauty Queen Stands Up For Sanctity Of Marriage!!

I don't watch Miss USA TV shows normally, but I saw on the news today Miss California (not sure of her real name) being interviewed on NBC for remarks she made during the show. Apparently a judge asked her what was her thoughts on gay marriages, considering Vermont was now the fourth state to accept it. She didn't even hesitate but stood up straight and said with a smile, "I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anyone out here. But that is how I believe and that is how I was raised." During the interview, Matt whats-his-face inquired why she didn't just give a more mutual answer...not such a straight answer. She answered saying something about how it didn't matter what the judges thought of her in that aspect, but what God would think. (That wasn't verbatim, but I just can't seem to remember what exactly she said.) She was so gracious and sweet about it too...not condescending or judgemental. Let's hear it for our sister-in-Christ! Isn't it awesome to hear of Christians who are standing up for what they believe in no matter the consquences?

1 comment:

Grace said...

Yes, go Miss CA!! The only thing I didn't like about her was the way she worded her statement. I'm very pleased with the content she answered, but her grammar was horrible and made her look rather unintelligent. :( But, since it was spur-of-the-moment deal, I can kind of understand the mish-mosh of thoughts going on...I'm glad she at least got her point across!!